vineri, 24 octombrie 2014

The first month in Zagreb


         So here I am back again, my last post I finish with sentence that Zagreb is a city full of suprises and now I know I wasn’t wrong  because the things I discovered since I m here are more than suprising.
Sljeme and Menza are the two names you should learn if you gonna read my post, because they will gonna be used often not only in this, but also in following posts for that I am sure.

No these are not girl names or names of my favorite beers :D
         Sljeme is picturesque mountain on which southern side is lying city of Zagreb and which is outdoor sport paradise in a city outskirt.  Actually, this mountains  real name is Medvenica, but locals call it Sljeme which is name of Medvenice highest peak.
           For me Sljeme is special because  it is a place where I can escape the rush of the city and enjoy the serenity of nature besides it only takes 15 minutes of biking to get there.

         Menza is the other name to remember why it is special, because it is a student canteen where you can eat a lot of decent food for fantastic money and meet a bunch of nice people.
6 kunas lunch - They say that picture say more then thousand words.

While beeing in Zagreb I been going around quite a lot on one of these trips I noticed a sign which said LIDL 3 km. For most people it is just another cheap groccery shop, but not for me, Lidl for me is synonym for my favorite icecream with which I have years long history.

This strawberyy Icecream became my favorite when I was 12 years old and then by some reason they stop to sell it in Latvian shops I was sad in the beginning but years pass and I got over it.
It was 7 years later, I went on a Eurotrip and it was one of these days when outside is so hot that all you want to do, is to try one icream after another,  I discovered that Lidl sells I cream which has the exact same taste as childhood strawberry icecream, needles to say that I was high. 

After that  day since everytime I went to a Country where they have Lidl it was obligation for me to buy and merclessly kill atleast one box of this icecram per visit.
Yes it is one liter box, and yes sometimes I regret my greediness after finishing this box on my own, but the craving for this icecream were so imense that there was no other way how to feed my hunger.

Sounds crazy? It is :D

So Zagreb give me one more suprise Lidl with my favorite icecream and for three days in a row I went to buy 1  ice cream and eat it on my own to feel the pleasure and the pain which follwed.

The strangest thing happen one week later, I was going near by Lidl shop and I stop to buy my favorite icream, after a while of pondering I realise that I don't want it anymore.

With abundance of icecream there were no craving and no need to buy another one. The magic with icecream was gone, but I got to repeat a great learning point about how absurd our brain tend to work.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu