marți, 14 octombrie 2014

One month, thirteen days, and a few hours (Jorge's thoughts)

One month, thirteen days, and a few hours… it is more than enough time to notice about a lot of things. 

Zagreb it is a good place to live, it is rather quiet but at the same time there are people all around. Locals are very polite people and they are always willing to help you if you need them. It is amazing the fact that almost everybody it is able to speak a good English (of course better than mine) I really like how polite people are and they never say “no” if you ask them something.

Living abroad with people from other different countries it is not always easy but I am definitely dealing with this pretty well. It is not so easy to spend the most of the time with the same people around (We live together, eat together, stay in the office together and go to Croatian lessons together) but are not trying to kill each other (not yet at least).

The hardest challenge until now it is the language, I am not so good in foreign languages as my flat mates ok but Croatian seems to be specially hard for me, of course I am trying my best but still is not enough at all. Sometimes I think that would be much better for improve my Croatian if anybody here could speak in English… but it is ok, I am not claiming about this…



No homesick at this point, just missing sometimes my real good friends and family, but there is no drama here, until now it is something I can control it. I am missing some Andalucian food, because it was almost a holly habit to have a toast with jam in the morning… but I will survive (Even more now that I know some good food is coming from my city!)

We are about to visit Graz and it will be the first time I leave Croatia in all this time. I really want to travel so this is going to be the beginning of all my trips.

The goal is still the same, try to learn as much as possible, stay fine, try to have some fun and meet a lot of different people.
One month, thirteen days, a few hours and a few minutes… I still have time to reach my goal.


Vidimo se!


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu