luni, 3 august 2015

What if... home is not a place?


After already 3 months in Croatia ( December last year) my sister called me telling me she cannot afford to pay the rent alone and she decided to move with her future husband. She asked me what to do with my personal stuff from my room (clothes, books, shoes etc). 
I told her: "Donate them. We know a lot of families who would be really happy to receive them for their children." 
 She told me: "Carmen, that means when you come back in Romania you won't have your room anymore and also the things if you decide to donate them."
I answered her: "I don't want to be fond of things so this is the right moment to start practicing it. And I know that when I'll come back I'll have to search for a new place to stay but this is part of my journey I've already started in September coming in Croatia" 
Of course her last words were: "You are, definitely, crazy." 

One of my goals coming here was to stop being fond of people and things. I don't need a place to call it home and I don't need MY own room because: 

HOME is Zagreb with Syncro family and amazing people I've already met. 
HOME is when I'm in his arms.
HOME is me and my friends working for Zig Zag prin Romania project traveling for 4 years from now on promoting Romanian tourism and discovering great stories of local people.
HOME is when I'm eating spanish omlette. 
HOME is when I hug my parents and they ask me: When I will see you again? and no answer is needed. 
HOME is living the moment.

If you would ask me how do I feel now is a strange feeling to describe. I am happy and sad. I am happy to return in my country so ready to start my life's new chapter and sad to leave this places and people behind me. Of course, a bit jealous because someone else will have my room and will use my laptop.
I understood this is how things happens in life. We come, we unpack,  we enjoy, we learn, we laugh and cry, we work, we fall in love, we run away from things we don't want to try, we believe, we forget and forgive, we smile and accept, we pack and leave. 
I understood  this is part of the journey and is just the beginning of not being fond of people and places and enjoying life.

Still wondering: What if... ? :) 










Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu