marți, 4 august 2015

Life is about outdoor

Few days ago I start a trip with my dear EVS friends and flatmates! I must say it was one of the most beautiful trips I ever had full of challenges and great moments. Early Sunday morning, in Zagreb  was raining and we were ready to go to Split. Tuesday we had a meeting with other EVSers from different countries who are volunteering in Croatia in a hostel in Split.

Starting from Sunday until Tuesday we spend our time OUTDOOR which means sleeping on the beach, cold showers, swimming in the sea, sharing the same food from store in the middle of nowhere, or drinking beer and watching the sun or moon. Don’t worry, we protected our bodies with sun cream during the day and moon cream in the night.

I never thought I would enjoy so much this kind of moments: laughing, walking, climbing, swimming, hitchhiking together. One of the challenges was waking up at 3 a.m. because it was too cold and the only solution was to close your eyes, fall asleep and hoping that next time when you’ll wake up again is at 7 a.m when is hot enough to swim. 


First time hitchhiking. We were smiling while hitchhiking with the belief that nobody will stop if you are sad and that is true. Apparently, smiling is not enough. 2 hours and no car stopped.
Andris is an amazing person, he stayed positive and calm, happy and ready for the next car which will stop. He saw that I was starting to lose any hope and from time to time he asked me if I’m ok and continuing to say that I have to believe in hitchhiking.  At some point cars were stopping driving us to the destination and I understood that is about journey and not the destination.  

I learned from Andris the art of hitchhiking and how to keep positive and calm. I always likened him with my brother because they resembled a lot and they have common strengths which I have always appreciated: calm, positive, never upset or angry, trying all the time something new and finding solutions.

The people we met during our trip and their stories inspired me (families with children traveling from Czech R to Croatia sea side, people working 10 km away from the city, friends just driving without any certain destination, couples going to the vacation house to spend some time together). 

This are the people who are driving you to the next destination while sharing with you what they are doing for living or in their free time giving me again the feeling that people are sooooooo different, fortunately and being glad for the opportunity to meet them. 

New insight? Yes! 

The most beautiful and great things happens out of my comfort zone which I would like to name it OUTDOOR. The moment I left my HOME last year to come in Croatia was the moment when stepped out of myself and start to observe myself. I became more aware of me as a human being, more aware of my actions and now I am ready to take risk and responsibility.  







Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu