joi, 2 octombrie 2014

Interview with Goran Kovacevic the founder of Humans of Zagreb facebook page



What are your passions, and how did you come up with this idea of Humans of Zagreb facebook page ?

I like to take photos of everything I see, like digital diary, but the most of the people I meet. I started photography just for fun and still doing it as long as I’m not feeling it is a job. Wherever I was while travelling, and I saw a person and felt some kind of connection, if they were in a good mood and smiled, I would just start a conversation. I wanted to capture the face of the person I was talking to. It always started like that: in Africa, India, UAE, USA or Europe – wherever I was. I have a lot of photos with people from around the world, and every day I post one of the travel photos on my KovaZg photography facebook page.


After I travelled almost all of the Europe countries with the similiar culture as mine I found more inspiration in the cultures I don’t understand, that’s why I started travelling to other continents. Now I like to see much more different buildings, cultures, people or animals from such countries as Africa or India. I want to explore everything I haven’t seen, buildings are not enough, I want to be amazed by everything, different cultures have their own spirituality and feeling of energy but differently presented, so at the end everywhere is the same and their message is always positive in so many different ways. That's what keeps me going.
I was travelling around the world just to take new photos for my memory. When I returned to Zagreb I decided to start the page People of Zagreb,  posting only photos with people without taking interviews, only asking for permission to take a photo of the people which you can see every day around the main square. After I saw Humans of New York, I started with page Humans of Zagreb and while photographin also started asking people about their stories. When someone asks me for money, I wonder what’s wrong, and they start telling  me their own story. I like to hear stories from the old ladies selling fruits and vegetables  their whole life on the market, they know the city and people more than I do. For me it isn’t a job, but passion, and I put all my energy into this. Humans of Zagreb is a big project. I  have also facebook pages:  Pets gone wild, KovaZg photography and Bebe Mi Fotkamo. Whenever I have new photo now I have page too as a place where to post it.

What inspires you ?

Stories of people inspire me. One old lady told me that she wanted to travel around the world as she was working very hard for 50 years, from 20 to 70 years old for a good company. When I asked her why they didn’t travel, she said they wanted more and more money before they retire and start travelling. And when at last they went to Malaysia to see gorillas, her husband died during the trip from flu.

Her advice was: you have to listen to your body and your mind at the given moment.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu