joi, 16 iulie 2015

Dreams come true...

We all dream. I prefer to say I don't have dreams but rather goals to achieve, yet it's not always easy to define where the line between realistic goals and fancy dreams lies. As all people on this planet I want to be happy, and sure, not average-happy but blissfully happy.

For me being happy doesn't mean much at the moment: having the job I love, traveling much, having time to enjoy life every day (forget about Ukrainian 9-to-5 office hours: you work for 11 months and 2 weeks and afterwards, half-dead go to Turkey for a week being unable to crawl out of the hotel).

Being back to Zagreb after my last trip I feel: mission completed!
I do the job I love: coordination of international projects, organisation of local events, assisting on training courses, working trips round Croatia. I love people and I love working with people, and I reached the point when I gladly return to the office after 2-weeks trainings and enjoy staying in front of my lap top with a cup of coffee and dozens of unread emails.

Our first 'Open Stage' event in Zagreb
When I was coming to Croatia with expiring Estonian visa I couldn't imagine I would be traveling all around every month and fall in love with Italy (hate countries and places that are too much talked about). Yet, having explored all neighboring countries, I keep returning to Italy. Why? It's awesome. Not only awesome but amazingly different: mafia-Naples, touristic Pisa, gorgeous Florence, Shakespeare Verona, middle-aged San Gimignano, irresistable Cinque Terre and dark Genova.

Tuscanian San Gimignano
It was 1 month ago when I decided for myself that it would be cool to move traveling to a new level. Meeting locals, tasting national food, sightseeing is cool but getting boring at some point. And here it was: eureka! I should start going to places to participate in either special occasions or some well-known events like Venice carnival, Siena horse-racing, Pisa luminaria festival. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Andy Warhol exhibition in Peschiera del Garda (a freaky guy eating tomato soup every day for the last 20 years and making a fortune out of it), a day in Italian Disneyland - Gardaland (although Disneyland tells us the stories of most beloved catroon heroes, Gardaland has much to offer for every taste) and tadadadam - Milan World Expo 2015 with 145 countries presenting their culture, food and best practices to save energy and feed the planet. Turkmenistan food, Burundi coffee, Cuban pina colada and Chile dessert - a small part of what I tried in this crazy village of food and cultural melting pot.

Tree of life, Expo-2015
Qatar literally built a palace, Russia overwhelmed everyone with loud music and free food tasting, UK went for scientific approach, Korea once again proved everyone to be highly-tecnological country. Each country was unique and told the story in the way it's importnat for them. Apart from it, Cirque du Soleil, boxing fights, fountain shows - one day is not enough.

And as for enjoying ife, sure: salsa, people who became important for me in this one year, good food after all. What is next? Being happy and create more success in life while enjoying it. September will definitely bring new challenges and new emotions.
Wednesday salsa party

Kisses and hugs, Juliya.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu